Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some days there is just nothing to say

Been awhile since I have written in here. For awhile I really did not have much to write about. Not sure how much one can talk about parenthood. Or how much people want to here my musings about it.

This week was interesting though in that my son got evaluated for any special needs for the upcoming school year. He has been having speech therapy so I let the school know my concerns and such. He got tested and they confirmed he could benefit from so speech therapy and fine moter skills therapy. They said he was such a delight to test and they also asked me on things too. Then they said something that nearly moved me to tears. I am getting teary -eyed as I write this. They told me I am doing a great job with my son. I told them that meant so much. I do not know if worsa can express how much being a good mom means to me. I WANTED my child even though I am a single mom. It was not an oops I got preggy. I KNEW the consequences going in that this was possible. I wanted to be a good mom by this little life I brought into this world. I so try my damnest to do the right thing. Sometimes it doesn't always pay to do the right thing in this day and age. To get told by these child development people that I am doing a good job meant the world. I always wondered, always felt I was failing. I was even told that I was failing as a mother and not doing right by my child. That hurt me to my core. I know it did not matter and I knew I was doing a good job but I still always questioned ,I think every parent does. They try to do the best they can. Life does not make it easy for you either especially that I'm in major back pain and I know my sister is getting annoyed that her nephew keeps going upstairs to visit her. Ce la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment