Monday, December 7, 2009

Registering for Kindergarten


Last Friday was early registration for Kindergarten. It hit me then oh my baby is going to be in Kindergarten!!! I just can't believe he and he is five!! I often just stare and look at him. He is beautiful, this precious little human being that I created. I can not believe he is really here with me. He is literally a dream come to life. Just did not know I'd be alone in this, yet I accept the challenge greatly.


Okay so I thought his pre-k school was a school school. It is not, it only serves as a pre-k school. I was disappointed cause I really loved that school and they were wonderful and my son has improved a lot in his speech therapy. Sadly he will be moving onto a new school. I registered him early, and the school I want him to attend is our neighborhood school so it it likely he will get in my school of choice. I went to the school and so did my nephew so I'm a little comforted there. When I told my son he would be going to a new school he was nervous and scared and he didn't want to go to a new school. I assured him it wont be for awhile, and I admitted Mommy was scared too, I felt his fear plus yes I had my own worries. I know maybe as a parent you should not show weakness. My Mom never did when I was young, and she was like super Mom to me. I wanted to show my child different and think it might be better and to teach him its okay to be scared and nervous. Even Mommy gets scared, but Mommy will be brave and face her challenges head on and he will too. We will face it together when the time comes. I will show my son to be brave and to go for it!


No comments:

Post a Comment