Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow Days


Winter storm of 2009 has hit us as well as many other states around me here in the mid-west. Schools were closed. My son was upset there was not school, and I was hard to convince there was no school too. I watched the news and thought I saw our school district closed, but I want not sure cause I had looked away briefly. I then got a call stating schools were close due to lack of bus drivers calling in absent. I still was not sure I heard right so I looked online and sure enough the words from my computer convinced me. I blame this on it was early in the morning and my brain was still sleeping. Okay no school now what? I cheered my son up by saying we will go out and play in the snowy as he calls it. This years snow was not the light and fluffy pretty kind of snow. It was the wet slushy kind. Good for making snowman and snowballs, as me and my son had a lovely snowball fight. Afterwards we went inside and had hot coco and cinnamon bread for breakfast and warmed up wrapped in blankets. Best Mommy and son moment ever.


Side note though: Wet slushy snow though bad to shovel its sooo heavy! Not good on the back that already messed up and filled with arthritis. A girl though has to do what a girl has to do. I now write this laid up in bed on a heating pad and had to take one of my strong meds that I'm only to take when I really need to. Good news though my sidewalk and steps are shoveled!

No comments:

Post a Comment