Monday, April 19, 2010

The Independence of Zachery

I have come to a realization my son is at his independent stage. He is five(5) years old so this quite natural for a child to start wanting to do things themselves. As my son want to take charge. I have to now take a step back and let him. This is a strange feeling as his dependence on me is not so much anymore. It is nice yet strange for wow he does not need me that much anymore.



I'm a Big Boy Now


We were off to the supermarket today and I got my son in the booster seat and buckled him up I was about to close the door when he stopped me. "I can do it myself," said my son. Sure enough he closed the car door he also showed me he could open it back up again too. Oh gee am I in trouble. I then go to lock the car door on him for I can just see him trying to open the door while were driving for he thinks its cool now he can open the car door. I then find out he can also unlock the door so I brush my parental nightmare out of my head of my son opening the car door while in traffic and trust he is not that psychotic. We arrive at the store and to my surprise he unbuckled his own seat belt and got out of the car my himself! I was just stunned. While yes this is quite normal its just wow to me that my little baby is growing up and he is getting dependant on his own and I'm just so amazed at him. Yet he still thinks he not big enough to go bring his dishes into the kitchen after dinner though of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment