Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Joys of Teaching Sharing


My son is five....is this still the right age to toally not understand sharing. I would think he would understand the concept by now. They talk about in school and I have not gotten any complaints that he is not getting it. At home we talk about sharing and I always show by example and share my things with him. I have seen him be nice and share in public with others. Perhaps this is a phase he is going through I do not know. We are in some hard times, but I try to make sure he is happy and does not know. Perhaps he knows more than I think. I have been a bit high strung and stressed not feeling well so perhaps my Patience is just a bit thin and I'm getting more irritated easier for I'm in pain all the time. All I can do is continue on telling him its okay to share. What was the drama about and what did he have to share being that he is the only child?




SCOOBY DOO VIDEO GAME!




My sister and her husband have a PlayStation2 and quite a game collection. He sees them and wants to play some of their games. My sister likes the cartoon type games (even though she is a grown woman of 44) and of course they let him play some of their games. I have also started my sons on his own a game collection he loves Scooby and Spongebob so with help of video game store clerk we find the best games for my son to play that contain Scooby and Spongebob. Well now my sister comes and wants to play one of his games. She asks my son can she play and of course he says no, but offers her another game to play just not his Scooby Doo. My sister being the peter pan-tress that she is says, no she wants to play Scooby Doo. All hell breaks loose. I handle this the best I can with not feeling so well. My sister wins of course cause she is the grown up and plus she always has to win or she will throw her own tantrum. How do you deal with an adult who throws tantrums if they do not get their way? Still though my son needs to learn about sharing and we are also working on his tantrums too. Ah the joys of parenting there are some days I wonder why? No one listens to me why do I even bother? BLEH!


No comments:

Post a Comment