Monday, May 25, 2009

Kids are germy and oh yeah Insomnia

Kids are germy.

My little one had touch of a cold past couple of days. It started Thursday night with a tight coughing and lot of crying for he did not want to take the honey to help his cough. (its honey its sweet and yummy! I don't get it. He likes his liquid Tylenol better than honey!) I finally stuffed some in him and his cough was quite the rest of the night yet I could not sleep for I was worried about him, angry cause all I wanted was him to get better and he is four I know he doesn't comprehend but man its draining trying to get medicine down a child throat! I think I was the same though, now I'm getting pay back! I was also checking on him even though he was so mad at me earlier he wanted to kill me for making him take the honey. Luckily no school on Friday for he was not feeling and the nose running started and more coughing and I'm trying to keep things sanitary and not fairing so well so I just gave up and made just made hand washing as much as possible. For sometimes you can not go wash your hands after you help blow your little one's nose when he is cuddling with you and does not want you to move, and you exhausted as well. He even took a nap so I knew he was not feeling well and I took nap too. Thursday night was rough on the both of us I think. Saturday he is feeling better still a cough but he's better oh boy is he better. Sunday he back normal! AHHHHH!

INSOMNIA.
Some how insomnia has now stricken me in dealing with my sick child. I just can not rest. When I sleep its a light sleep and I wake up feeling like I didn't sleep at all. So I'm tired its no biggie it comes with being a mom, but then not being able to regenerate at night and sleep its taking its toll I'm cranky and irritable the sound of my child's happy voice is like nails on chalk board. The normal stuff that I don't normally snap on are now snap inducing and I snap and all he did was want to hug and play with me. Lack of sleep making it hard to focus and I'm trying to clean house and do laundry and my son want to play with me or he has to tell me something and its about nothing really or just that he loves me and loves his aunt and uncle. I drink coffee to stay awake get energy and then of course cant sleep when its time I'm on a vicious cycle and I just want to cry. I'm alone and I have no help, or should I say no one wanting to help.
Sometimes you just want someone to physically hold you, support you, and say its gonna be all right. It's all Ive have ever wanted I never got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment