Thursday, May 28, 2009

School is out...NOOOOOO!!

Last day of pre-k was yesterday. Oh joy! I am not sure what to do with him this summer and I'm going to miss my little mommy quite time. It was not much, but its amazing how much stuff you can get done without and adorable little boy not following you around the house like a permanent shadow. We are currently working on patience and having to wait for things he wants. Which mostly is mommy. I try to play with him as much as can but there are time when mommy can't play. It's just me here, but this does not mean mommy does not love him any less. Mommy just has things to do to make sure we are all happy, like cook yummy food in our bellies, Clean our clothes, clean house. Well sometimes the parting from mommy is too much and he offers to help me in the choirs. I take advantage of this quickly cause soon moody teenage years will be here and it wont be this way for long. I fear the teenage years I really do. Your kids change totally. I've seen it , it's not pretty.

Another thing we are learning is that school is out for summer. He likes school and does not quite understand. Typical mommy stuff but add on top of the the grown-up stuff that he doesn't know about, the struggle to keep us alive and happy. I try to shield it from him but he a very intuitive boy. He knows when I am sad and he comes over and just hugs me. I fight back breaking down in tears. This boy is hugging me! I'm the mommy! I got to be strong but sometimes I am not. My little boy then hugs me and tell me it's okay mommy. I did not want my son to have to deal with that. I try to keep strong. I know I am doing good when his teacher asks if he is ever sad cause he is the happiest little boy they have ever seen. He is always smiling.

IN that I know he is alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment