Friday, January 29, 2010

The effects of Dr. Seuss


My son is currently on a reading kick. Which I squeal in delight and could not be happier. He has always like to read but now suddenly he is REALLY into it.He wants to read at least one book every night, which I am more that happy to fulfill his little delight. In our book case though is the Dr. Seuss books, and The Bernstein's Bears with Mama and Papa and Brother and Sister too! We have other books but Dr. Seuss seems to be the one and he makes reading lots of fun. We read a book at least one a night, sometimes two and once in awhile it's the same book twice.


What I did not know is there is quite a side effect from reading Dr. Seuss that I did not know of yet. In Being a writer myself I found myself rhyming a lot in spite of myself. I pondered and furrowed wondered what's up. Why was I rhyming so much? It then finally hit me today that in reading Dr. Seuss makes you want to rhythm without reason! Here I'm trying to write and I end up making rhythms which does not help me a lot! So be careful, beware when your read a lot of Dr. Seuss for you'll find yourself rhyming like moose and squirrel. Most of all green eggs and ham...yes I do like them Sam I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment